- Feb 21, 2017
Dear guests, Hafið Bláa will be opening again on Thursday, 23. February. We will be open 5 days a week (closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays), offering up fantastic views of the sea and volcanoes with your meal or coffee. Our specialties are seafood, including fish and langoustine/lobster, and homemade cakes. New in February, we are also offering BBQ ribs! We look forward to welcoming you.
- Nov 25, 2016
Dear guests, Hafið Bláa will be closed from 26 November-22 February for winter. During this period, we will be open for groups only and by special arrangement. We will re-open with normal hours on 23 February. Happy holidays!
- Sep 29, 2016
Summer is over, which means northern lights season is upon us!
It also means new opening hours. Starting 1. October, we will be open 12:30-17:00 Monday and Thursday and 12:30-21:00 Friday-Sunday. If you’d like to come outside these hours with a group, feel free to contact us.
We look forward to welcoming you!
- May 14, 2016
Slow down and enjoy.
Iceland is a beautiful country with many things to see and do. This is a beautiful part of Iceland with a long and rich history. Without going far, here are 7 things you can do nearby:
- Walk or play on the black sand beach
- Go fish—there is good fishing in the estuary and we sell fishing licenses on site
- Ride Icelandic horses on the beach in nearby Eyrarbakki with Bakkahestar
- Explore Raufarhólshellir cave, 15 minutes’ drive away. You can explore the first section without any special gear, as it is wide open and features four ‘skylights’ (sections where the roof has collapsed) that allow daylight in
- Learn about life in the area over the last centuries at the Árnessýsla Heritage Museum or the Maritime Museum, both located in nearby Eyrarbakki (summer only or by special arrangement)
- Spot a variety of bird life at Flói Nature Reserve, just across the bridge
- Kayak the lagoons around Stokkseyri
- May 02, 2016
We are now open! Our opening hours at 11:00-21:00 daily. The restaurant has been closed since January of this year and has re-opened under new management. The management team also runs Trip Advisor ‘Certificate of Excellence’-winning Rauða Húsið in Eyrarbakki. We are excited to share this beautiful spot and our excellent food with you!
- Mar 11, 2016
Hafið Bláa will reopen under new management on 1. May. We offer the same spectacular views with a brand-new menu. Stay tuned for more!