- May 14, 2016
Slow down and enjoy.
Iceland is a beautiful country with many things to see and do. This is a beautiful part of Iceland with a long and rich history. Without going far, here are 7 things you can do nearby:
- Walk or play on the black sand beach
- Go fish—there is good fishing in the estuary and we sell fishing licenses on site
- Ride Icelandic horses on the beach in nearby Eyrarbakki with Bakkahestar
- Explore Raufarhólshellir cave, 15 minutes’ drive away. You can explore the first section without any special gear, as it is wide open and features four ‘skylights’ (sections where the roof has collapsed) that allow daylight in
- Learn about life in the area over the last centuries at the Árnessýsla Heritage Museum or the Maritime Museum, both located in nearby Eyrarbakki (summer only or by special arrangement)
- Spot a variety of bird life at Flói Nature Reserve, just across the bridge
- Kayak the lagoons around Stokkseyri
We are located just across the Óseyrar bridge from Eyrarbakki, about 40 minutes from Reykjavík. From here, you get spectacular panoramic views of the sea, the mountains, and the Óseyrar estuary.
Our menu focuses on fresh seafood direct from the fisherman, homemade cakes, and fresh local ingredients.